The Health & Care IMPACT Network is a collaboration between health and care organisations and universities, primarily in the South West of England. The purpose of the network is to improve delivery of health and care through applied research, knowledge dissemination and decision support. The IMPACT Network was founded through a collaboration between Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust (Directorate of Strategy & Improvement) and the University of Exeter Business School.
Our vision is to provide effective and trusted decision support to significant health and care organisations.
- Authenticity of research
- Receptiveness in terms of both contribution and dissemination
- To generate knowledge and organisational learning in support of decision making through information, modelling, prediction and evaluation.
- To deploy advanced simulation and system representation techniques in support of decision makers.
- Establish collaborative working between universities and health and care organisations and the third sector.
- Alignment of research to strategic and operational priorities of participating health and care organisations, their leaders, managers and health and care staff.
- Support organisational intent to improve: organisation of care; safety and quality of care; patient experience and outcomes; to increase value (health gain / cost).
- To expand the present community of interest beyond its present focus on the South West of England.
- Create a forum for academics and practitioners working in local health and care sector to discuss issues of common interest to create synergy and trust.
- To create a thriving academic community for PhD students undertaking research in health and care.
- Evaluate strategic and operational change proposals from inception to implementation.
- To win grant funding from research councils, health and care organisations, charitable trusts, national funds.